Diastema is a dental term that refers to a gap or space between two teeth, most commonly found between the two upper front teeth. where as Diastema closure is a dental procedure used to close the gap or space between teeth. Diastema treatment and closure with crown is a common procedure used in Kampala, Uganda, to close gaps in teeth.
Reasons for Diastema:
There are several factors that can cause the appearance of diastema or a gap between two teeth.
- Genetics: Genetics is the first. The size of our jaws is inherited from one parent, and the size of our teeth is inherited from the other. Some people simply have large jaws with small teeth, resulting in spacing. It can appear in any part of the mouth. Diastema is a hereditary condition, so if one of your parents had it, chances are you will as well. Some people are born with unusual teeth, such as very small lateral incisors. This can also result in gaps.
- Extracted teeth: The second most common reason is tooth extraction. When a tooth is extracted, it leaves an empty space. Other teeth gravitate toward the empty space, resulting in tooth spacing. As a result, every extracted tooth should be restored as soon as possible, and the gap should be closed to prevent neighboring teeth from migrating.
- Periodontal Disease: Periodontal disease is another factor that can cause diastema. As a result of this condition, teeth can become loose and migrate. People frequently lose several teeth in their mouth, leaving gaps and complicating matters. Periodontal disease is unfortunately very common in people, and these diastemas are extremely difficult to treat.
Diastema closure treatment in kampala, Uganda
Some people may view diastema as a unique characteristic, others may feel self-conscious and desire to close the gap. To close a diastema, several treatment options are available, including orthodontic treatment, cosmetic bonding, veneers, and dental crowns.
- Dental Crowns: Dental crowns are protective and strengthening caps that are placed over damaged or decayed teeth. They are also useful for closing gaps between teeth. Dental crowns are typically made of porcelain or ceramic to look like natural teeth. Diastema treatment and closure with crown are usually reserved for patients who have severe diastema or other dental issues that necessitate a crown.
- Orthodontic Treatment: Orthodontic treatment entails using braces or clear aligners to shift teeth into proper position and close gaps between teeth. Depending on the severity of the diastema and the alignment of the individual’s teeth, this treatment method may take several months or even years.
- Cosmetic Bonding: Cosmetic bonding is a dental procedure that involves the application of a tooth-colored composite resin material to the surface of the tooth. The material is then shaped and polished to look like a natural tooth. Bonding is an excellent option for people who have minor diastema because it is quick and can be completed in a single visit.
- Veneers: Veneers are thin porcelain or composite resin shells that are bonded to the front of teeth. They are a great option for people who have larger gaps between their teeth because they can cover the gap and improve the overall appearance of the smile. Veneers are more expensive than bonding, but they are also more durable and last longer.
Finally, there are many dental care clinics and practices in Kampala Uganda that provide diastema closure with crowns. For those who want to close the gap between their teeth, dental solutions kampala offers diastema closure treatment. Treatment options differ according to the intensity of the diastema and the individual’s preferences.